Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Chapter 12

A lot of Jerome Bump's essay talked about how to manage feelings. How does one separate thinking, feeling, and thinking about feelings. I can relate to much of what he said-- I, too, tend to focus on thinking about my feelings because there is more control. Or is there? It all depends on how I am managing them. Not necessarily thinking, or trying to put logic to them, but simply understanding what the hell to do with them.

I admire his attempt to have the red-side and the left-side work together in one space -- because let's be honest, we're always feeling. So at some point we should try to hear what is going on. I think balance, too, plays a large part. Because one can easily overthink a feeling and turn it into something else. I think it's dangerous to try to manipulate a feeling or consistently ignoring it. Feelings come and go-- it is you that has changed. Not them.

No comments:

Post a Comment